In order to run FunnelFlux you will need your own server and it is important to note the minimum hardware requirements for this.
Most dedicated servers will be more than adequate.
It is most common to install our tracker on a virtual private server (VPS). Our current recommendations for VPS's are:
- At least 2 virtual cores (i.e. 2 vCPU)
- At least 2 GB of RAM
- At least 45 GB of SSD disk storage
We recommend the following VPS providers:
Do note that while you can install FunnelFlux on a small, cheap VPS, this does not mean it will function correctly after installation and under reasonable load. Doing so could lead to lost data, money, and time wasted on issues that come down to having a very cheap server.
As a general guide, any VPS costing less than $20 USD/mo is unlikely to be fit for the task of hosting a tracker such as FunnelFlux.
Do not use shared hosting - we will not provide any technical support for installations on shared hosting.
If you are interested in what server specifications will handle certain daily click volumes, see the final section of this article.
In order to install FunnelFlux, you will need:
- Mysql 5.6+ or MariaDB 10.0+
- PHP 5.6 to 7.0.9 (we will support PHP 7.1+ soon)
- Your server must have "file per table" enabled for MySQL (see here)
The following PHP extensions, both for PHP Web and PHP CLI (apart from ionCube Loader, the other ones are usually installed by default):
- ionCube Loader 6.0.9+
Optional but highly recommended:
- both memcached and redis plus their respective PHP extensions
- Zend OPcache PHP extension
- If you are not sure what Linux OS to use, we recommend CentOS v7 x64
Interested in what server specifications would be required for specific daily click volumes and levels of traffic?
We have tested various servers with simulated loads as guidance. You can see our article on this here.